Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Jakarta. Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police arrested four suspects in the case of forging antigen and PCR test result letters and Covid-19 vaccination certificate. The forged certificate was priced at Rp100,000 each.
Chief of PR and Press Division of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police, Police Grand Commissioner Yusri Yunus, said that there are four suspects of the forged Covid-19 statements and certificates. The four suspects initialled ESVD, BS, AR, and one underage person.
The suspects ran the forging business since March 2021 and offered the service online through social media.
"On average, since March when they start operating, around 97 to hundreds of forged statements have been sold", Police Grand Commissioner Yusri Yunus said at Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police Headquarters on Friday (09/07/2021).
The four suspects priced Rp60,000 for each forged antigen test statement and Rp100,000 each for forged PCR test and Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
Based on the investigation, it is known that the statements and certificates mainly were used for air travel.
In the policies regarding Emergency PPKM (Public Activity Restriction Enforcement), air travellers must have vaccination cards and PCR test results that were issued at least two days before departure.
"(The certificate and statement) are usually used for long-distance travelling such as air travel", Chief of PR and Press Division of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police said.
Due to their actions, four suspects are subjected to Article 263 of the Indonesian Criminal Code about Letter Forgery or Article 266 of the Indonesian Criminal Code about Counterfeiting Criminal Act or Article 268 of the Indonesian Criminal Code about Doctor's Medical Certificate. The suspects threatened with six years maximum in prison.
- Mobil Vaksin Presisi Polres Sampang Melayani Vaksinasi Sampai Pelosok Desa
- Directorate of Traffic Security of South Kalimantan Regional Police Prepare 1,000 Doses in Precision Vaccine Outlets
- Central Java Regional Police Prepare 320 Doses, Islamic Boarding Schools to Places of Worship Become Vaccination Targets for Central Java Regional Police
- Lampung Regional Police Receives Chicken Meat and Egg Assistance for Communities Affected by Covid 19
- Bengkulu Regional Police Conduct Vaccinations for Hidayatul Muttadi'ien Islamic Boarding School Students
- Banten Regional Police Perform Blocking Vehicles Towards Tourist Locations
- Help Lighten the Burden of the Others, South Sulawesi Regional Police Give 500 Food Packages to Journalists
- Padang Resort Police Successfully Prevents the Circulation of Dozens of Cannabis Packages
- Police Still Investigating the Owner of Bag with Watch Out for Bomb Sign in Pematangsiantar
- Police Gave National Flag and Masks to Residents of Argapura Subdistrict