inp.polri.go.id – Palembang. In carrying out direct orders from the National Police Chief, Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, regarding the eradication of thuggery and extortion, the South Sumatra Regional Police carried out curbs on thuggery and illegal parking attendants in Palembang City by raiding areas prone to violations.
Head of Public Relations of South Sumatra Regional Police, Pol. Grand Commissioner Supriadi said that since the attention of the South Sumatra Regional Police Chief, Pol. Inspector General Eko Indra Heri, regarding the action against thuggery, there have been around 121 thugs and illegal thugs who have been arrested.
Data from 11-16 June 2021, the Regional Police through the Palembang City Police have arrested 121 thugs, 116 of them were trained, while 5 others were investigated.
"This is a form of mandate from the South Sumatra Regional Police Chief and the National Police Chief who requested that all forms of thuggery be dealt with," explained the Head of Public Relations of the South Sumatra Regional Police, Thursday (06/17).
From the number of thugs and illegal thugs who were caught, three suspects were caught in the Boom Baru Port area with evidence of IDR 350,000 in cash. then two suspects were arrested in front of PT. Sunan Ruber Jalan Abi Kusno Kertapati with evidence of IDR 450,000 in cash.
Even though they have been secured, the thugs and thugs caught in the raids were recorded and given sanctions. After that, the violators will return to their respective homes, but if there is a raid and they are caught, they will be prosecuted legally.
The Head of Public Relations of South Sumatra Regional Police asked the public not to hesitate and be afraid to report to the nearest police station if they saw any crimes of thuggery and illegal thuggery.
The following are some locations where thuggery crackdowns have been carried out by the Palembang Regional Police and the South Sumatra Regional Police.
1. Monpera Jalan Merdeka Palembang
2. Angkatan 45 PS Mall Street
3. Market 26 Ilir Jalan Mujahidin Palembang
4. Putri Raabnu Selako Pasar Padang Selasa Street
5. Plaju Pasar Simpang Kayu Agung Plaju
6. Simpang Nilakandi Kertapati
7. PT. Sunar Ruber Jalan Abi Kusno
8. Ocean PSI Road
9. Old Dept. Way
10. Market 16 Ilir
11. Lemabang Palembang Market
12. Veterans Way
13. Lieutenant Colonel Iskandar Street
14. Masy Salim Coal Road
15. Basuki Rahmat Street
16. Soak Bato Market Palembang
17. Palembang Perumnas Satellite Market
18. Palembang's New Boom
19. Stump Stair Terminal
20. Jalan KH Wahid Hasyim KB Monument
21. Slamet Riyadi Street
22. Abdul Rozak Resident Street
23. Terminal KM 12 Palembang
- Kapolda Sumsel Bersama Pangdam II/Swj Distribusikan Bansos ke Masyarakat Terdampak Covid-19
- Kapolda Instruksikan Polda Sumsel Bentuk Tim Khusus Untuk Salurkan Dana Hibah Penanganan Covid-19 dari Keluarga Akidi Tio
- Polda Sumsel Ungkap 34 Kasus Narkoba Selama Bulan Juli 2021
- South Sumatera Regional Police Distributed Packages of Nine-Basic-Needs for People Affected by Micro PPKM
- South Sumatra Regional Police Increase Supervision of Trade in Medical Devices and Drugs on the Market Along with the Spike in Covid-19 Cases
- Polda Sumsel Bagikan Paket Sembako bagi Warga Terdampak PPKM Mikro
- Polda Sumsel Tingkatkan Pengawasan Perdagangan Alat Kesehatan dan Obat-obatan di Pasaran Seiring Lonjakan Kasus Covid-19
- Chief of South Sumatera Regional Police Reminds Mosque Administrator to Be the Frontline of Reminding Health Protocols in Mosque
- Kapolda Sumsel Pastikan Tidak Ada Penimbunan Dan Kenaikan Harga Obat di Tengah Pandemi Covid-19
- Intensively Preventing Covid-19, South Sumatra Police Mobile Brigade Battalion C Sipirok Sterilizes Mosques in Pargarutan