inp.polri.go.id - Jakarta. The National Police stated that so far they have arrested 3,823 people related to legal action against acts of thuggery or illegal levies (extortion) spread across a number of regions in Indonesia. The arrests were made after the National Police Chief, Police General Drs. Listyo Sigit Prabowo, M.Sc., issued instructions to the ranks to suppress thuggery and other conventional crimes.
Chief of Public Information Bureau, Head of PR division from National Police explained, from June 11 to 14, 2021, which was carried out at 1,368 location points, there were six Regional Police. Chief of Public Information Bureau also said that most of the disclosures were made in the jurisdiction of the Central Java Regional Police, namely 922 peoples who had been arrested. Among them, 449 peoples were arrested for thuggery cases in which four cases were investigated and 439 others were given guidance. Then, 473 other peoples were arrested related to illegal levies.
Then, in the jurisdiction of the West Java Regional Police, the police arrested 894 people. Among them, 348 peoples were arrested for thuggery cases in which 168 cases were investigated and 180 peoples were fostered. Meanwhile, 546 other peoples were arrested in connection with extortion cases with 92 cases being investigated and 454 being fostered.
Then, at the North Sumatra Regional Police, the police arrested 696 peoples, 20 of whom were arrested for thuggery cases with 8 cases being investigated and 12 others being given guidance. Meanwhile, 676 peoples were arrested in connection with extortion cases with 20 cases being investigated and 656 being fostered.
Fourth, there were 643 peoples who were arrested in the jurisdiction of the Banten Regional Police. In this case, 600 peoples were arrested for thuggery and given coaching for the whole. Meanwhile, 43 others were arrested for extortion and fostered.
Fifth, in the Regional Police of East Java area, the police arrested 386 peoples. Where, 210 peoples related to thuggery with 73 cases investigated and 137 were given guidance. Meanwhile, 176 peoples were arrested in connection with extortion cases. Finally, at Greater Jakarta Metro. Regional Police, there were 137 peoples who were arrested in connection with thuggery cases, with 13 cases being investigated and 124 others being given guidance. Meanwhile, another 145 peoples were arrested in connection with extortion cases with 16 cases being investigated and 129 others being given guidance.
"The training is carried out, not law enforcement is carried out. A statement was made to no longer violate the law," he concluded.
- Supporting the Implementation of Emergency PPKM, Chief of Central Java Regional Police: We're Ready to War Against Covid-19
- Detachment 88 Anti-terror Police Transfer 69 Suspected Terrorists to Police Headquarters Detention Center
- Cerita Pemulung Deg-degan Rumahnya Didatangi Polisi, Berakhir Senang
- Polri Minta Warga Laporkan Pinjaman Online Ilegal ke Kantor Polisi Terdekat
- Chief of Indonesia National Police Describes 15 Public Service Applications That Are As Easy as Ordering Pizza
- Arrest Thousands of Drug Cases, House of Representatives Chairman Appreciates National Police
- The Indonesian National Police Chief Issues Telegram to Muzzle Thugs, Here Are 5 Things The Police Chief Must Do
- During 4 Days, Police Arrest 3,823 People Related to Thugs and Extortion Cases
- The BPJS Data Leakage Case Has Lead to Perpetrators
- Police Successfully Revealed Middle East-Indonesian Network Drug Trafficking Syndicate