inp.polri.go.id. - Jakarta. Chairman of the House of Representatives (DPD) La Nyalla Mahmud Mattalitti appreciated the performance of Indonesian National Police (Polri) for successfully thwarting nearly 20 thousand cases. Precisely 19,219 narcotics trafficking cases during the period from January to June 2021.
"The National Police's commitment in eradicating drugs must continue to be supported," explained the chairman of the House of Representaives in a written statement received in Jakarta.
Of the 19,219 drug trafficking cases that were thwarted, the National Police found the most evidence from gorilla tobacco, namely 34 tons, then 2.14 tons of marijuana, 6.64 tons of methamphetamine, 73.4 grams of heroin, 106.84 grams of cocaine and pills. ecstasy 239,227 pills. According to the Chairman of the DPD RI, the number of cases found by the National Police shows that Indonesia is currently still a big consumer of narcotics trafficking.
The chairman of the House of Representatives emphasized that the war against drugs must continue to be carried out by all parties, including the community. The success of the National Police in thwarting nearly 20,000 narcotics cases requires appreciation and support. Efforts to stop the circulation of narcotics by the National Police are also not arbitrary, including the investigation of 1.1 tons of methamphetamine from the Middle East international network some time ago. In April last, the National Police also arrested a drug ring with evidence of 2.5 tons of crystal methamphetamine. Meanwhile, as of June, 3.6 tons of methamphetamine have been thwarted.
"Keep in mind, narcotics could damage the mental and future of our young generation. Besides that, it also damages the economy and has a major impact on various other aspects," added the Chairman of House of Representatives.
However, the Chairperson of the House of Representatives reminded that the National Police should continue to synergize with a number of related agencies to eradicate drugs, including the National Narcotics Agency (BNN). Moreover, during the Covid-19 pandemic, there were many loopholes that actors used to market them to Indonesia.
Just yesterday I heard from the Governor of West Kalimantan, Mr. Sutarmidji, who complained that it was easy for drug dealers to enter from Malaysia because of the lack of infrastructure at the border, said the Chairman of the House of Representatives.
Therefore, the Chairperson of the House of Representatives hopes that there will soon be improvements to the shortages needed in border areas. Otherwise, the lack of facilities and infrastructure at the border gates makes it easier for international network drug dealers to supply drugs to Indonesia.
Finally, the Chairman of the House of Representatives invite all elements of society to increase awareness of drug trafficking. Because the circulation of these goods could happen in their respective neighborhoods and threaten the nation's children.
- Supporting the Implementation of Emergency PPKM, Chief of Central Java Regional Police: We're Ready to War Against Covid-19
- Detachment 88 Anti-terror Police Transfer 69 Suspected Terrorists to Police Headquarters Detention Center
- Cerita Pemulung Deg-degan Rumahnya Didatangi Polisi, Berakhir Senang
- Polri Minta Warga Laporkan Pinjaman Online Ilegal ke Kantor Polisi Terdekat
- Police Secured 3,823 Peoples Related to Extortion and Thugs in Indonesia
- Chief of Indonesia National Police Describes 15 Public Service Applications That Are As Easy as Ordering Pizza
- The Indonesian National Police Chief Issues Telegram to Muzzle Thugs, Here Are 5 Things The Police Chief Must Do
- During 4 Days, Police Arrest 3,823 People Related to Thugs and Extortion Cases
- The BPJS Data Leakage Case Has Lead to Perpetrators
- Police Successfully Revealed Middle East-Indonesian Network Drug Trafficking Syndicate