inp.polri.go.id – Jakarta. Following up the order of Chief of Indonesia National Police, Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, in eradicating acts of thuggery and extortion, the Indonesian National Police has managed to catch 3,823 people within 4 days.
Head of Public Information Bureau (Karopenmas) of Indonesia National Police’s Public Affair Division, , Brigadier General Rusdi Hartono, explained the most cases occurred in the jurisdiction of Central Java Regional Police, i.e. 922 people were arrested. 473 people were arrested because of extortion, and 449 people arrested because of thuggery. Of the thuggery cases, there were 4 who faced investigation, police coached the rest.
Then in the jurisdiction of the West Java Regional Police there were 894 people were arrested. 348 cases were related to thuggery, of the 384 cases, 168 were investigated and police coached 180 people.
Then 546 others were arrested for being involved in illegal levies. Of that number, 92 cases were investigated and police coached 454 people.
Then the North Sumatra Regional Police arrested 696 people. 20 people involved in thuggery cases, and 8 cases were investigated, while 12 others were coached by the police.
Of the 696, 676 of them were arrested because of extortion cases. There were 20 cases that were continued for investigation, while police coached the other 656.
Then 643 people were arrested in the jurisdiction of the Banten Regional Police. In this case, 600 people were arrested for thuggery and the rest is coached. Meanwhile, 43 others were arrested for extortion and coached.
In East Java area, police arrested 386 people. 210 people related to thuggery with 73 cases investigated and 137 were coached. Meanwhile, 176 people were arrested in connection with extortion cases.
Finally, in the jurisdiction of the Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Police, there were 137 people who were arrested in relation to thuggery cases with 13 cases being investigated and 124 others being coached. Meanwhile, another 145 people were arrested in connection with extortion cases with 16 cases being investigated and 129 others being coached.
- Supporting the Implementation of Emergency PPKM, Chief of Central Java Regional Police: We're Ready to War Against Covid-19
- Detachment 88 Anti-terror Police Transfer 69 Suspected Terrorists to Police Headquarters Detention Center
- Cerita Pemulung Deg-degan Rumahnya Didatangi Polisi, Berakhir Senang
- Polri Minta Warga Laporkan Pinjaman Online Ilegal ke Kantor Polisi Terdekat
- Police Secured 3,823 Peoples Related to Extortion and Thugs in Indonesia
- Chief of Indonesia National Police Describes 15 Public Service Applications That Are As Easy as Ordering Pizza
- Arrest Thousands of Drug Cases, House of Representatives Chairman Appreciates National Police
- The Indonesian National Police Chief Issues Telegram to Muzzle Thugs, Here Are 5 Things The Police Chief Must Do
- The BPJS Data Leakage Case Has Lead to Perpetrators
- Police Successfully Revealed Middle East-Indonesian Network Drug Trafficking Syndicate