inp.polri.go.id - Jakarta. Police succeeded in revealing drug traffickers network of Middle East-Indonesia that owned 1,129 kilograms (kg) of methamphetamine and was controlled by a foreigner who is a prisoner at the Penitentiary (Lapas) in Cilegon, Banten Province
Chief of Indonesia National Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, explained that the Police continue the war against all forms of drug abuse. He said the authorities would increase cooperation with all relevant agencies to eradicate drugs from upstream to downstream.
"The Middle East network, this time they are collaborating with Indonesian and foreigner who is a prisoner in Cilegon prisons. Therefore, we need to continue to increase cooperation with all existing parties. Now we have cooperation with National Anti-Narcotics Agence (BNN), Customs and Excise Directorate General of Corrections (Ditjen Pas), Ministry of Law and Human Rights and other colleagues," Chief of Indonesia National Police explained.
The Chief of Indonesia National Police added that the Criminal Investigation Unit of Indonesia National Police also pays special attention to the development of the case to hunt down the members of the syndicate who are still fugitive. Together with the Central Jakarta Metro Police, Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Police succeeded in dismantling the Middle East-Indonesian network of drug traffickers and confiscated 1,129 tons of methamphetamine.
The Chief of Indonesia National Police also explained that the evidence was confiscated during disclosures at four different locations, i.e. Mount Sindur, Bogor, with 393 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine and suspected NR and HA. The location of the second raid was at the Pasar Modern Shophouse in Bekasi Town Square, Margahayu, East Bekasi, with evidence of methamphetamine. The suspects arrested at this location are NW alias DD, CSN alias ES (Nigerian citizen) and UCN alias EM (Nigerian citizen). The third location is the Basura Apartment in East Jakarta with the suspect AK and 50 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine.
The latest disclosure was made at the Green Pramuka Cempaka Putih Apartment, Central Jakarta, with evidence of 175 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine. The Chief of Indonesia National Police said the investigation and disclosure of the case took 22 days, with a total of 1,129 tons of shabu seized.
For their actions, the suspects were charged with Article 114 paragraph 2, Article 115 paragraph 2, Article 112 paragraph 2 and Article 123 paragraph 1 and 2 of Law Number 35 the Year 2009 on Narcotics. With the threat of life imprisonment and a maximum sentence of death.
- Supporting the Implementation of Emergency PPKM, Chief of Central Java Regional Police: We're Ready to War Against Covid-19
- Detachment 88 Anti-terror Police Transfer 69 Suspected Terrorists to Police Headquarters Detention Center
- Cerita Pemulung Deg-degan Rumahnya Didatangi Polisi, Berakhir Senang
- Polri Minta Warga Laporkan Pinjaman Online Ilegal ke Kantor Polisi Terdekat
- Police Secured 3,823 Peoples Related to Extortion and Thugs in Indonesia
- Chief of Indonesia National Police Describes 15 Public Service Applications That Are As Easy as Ordering Pizza
- Arrest Thousands of Drug Cases, House of Representatives Chairman Appreciates National Police
- The Indonesian National Police Chief Issues Telegram to Muzzle Thugs, Here Are 5 Things The Police Chief Must Do
- During 4 Days, Police Arrest 3,823 People Related to Thugs and Extortion Cases
- The BPJS Data Leakage Case Has Lead to Perpetrators