Tribratanews.polri.go.id- Serang. Banten Regional and Resort Police arrested 438 people suspected of being involved in thuggery during the three-day thuggery operation in Banten. Operations were carried out day and night in locations that are allegedly prone to blasphemy and illegal levies.
Chief of Banten Regional Police, Police Inspector General Rudy Heriyanto Adi Nugroho, said in Serang (06/14) the thuggery operation was a follow-up to the Chief of Indonesia National Police's instructions.
Previously, the Chief of Indonesia National Police was ordered by President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) to clean up thuggery practice in the Tanjung Priok Ocean Port area, North Jakarta and the surrounding roads that are often hit by traffic jams.
"We will end the thuggery practice, and anyone who tries to make trouble in the Banten area," the Chief of Banten Regional Police said.
He mentioned the third day of the thuggery operation, he managed to arrest several people, i.e. Serang (City) Resort Police, 33 people, Cilegon Resort Police 12 people, Serang Resort Police 24 people.
Furthermore, the Tangerang City Resort Police arrested 41 people, Pandeglang City Resort Police 8 people, and Lebak Resort Police 36 people.
Two days earlier, there were 284 people suspected of committing acts of thuggery arrested in the Banten Regional Police's jurisdiction, so up to the third day, there were 438 people arrested.
"The actions taken were varied, ranging from data collection, submitted to the Social Service Agency, coaching [about the law] to law enforcement if someone commits a violation," as said by the Head of Public Affairs of Banten Regional Police, Police High Commissioner Eddy Sumardi.
The Head of Public Affairs of Banten Regional Police said the coaching action taken was in the form of collecting data and submitting it to the Social Service Bureau. However, there has been no violation of criminal law until now, so no legal action has been taken.
"This thuggery operation involved 359 joint personnel, consisting of the Indonesia National Police, Indonesia National Armed Forces, Municipality Police (Satpol PP), Social Service Agency, Transportation Service Agency, local government and community," The Head of Public Affairs of Banten Regional Police said.
He mentioned the purpose of this operation is to provide sense of security for the community and realise public security and order in Banten Regional Police jurisdiction.
The Head of Public Affairs of Banten Regional Police advised the public not to hesitate to report and complain if they found thuggery or irregularities that were disturbing and causing public unrest.
He also mentioned public need to immediately report anything that disturbs or threatens the safety of people via the free telephone 110.
"Use any time 110, and we will immediately respond by sending the team," he said
- Polda Banten Berhasil Amankan Pelaku Sindikat Pemalsuan Surat Rapid Antigen
- Peduli Kepada Wartawan di Tengah PPKM Level IV Berlansung, Polda Banten Bagikan Ratusan Paket Sembako
- Polda Banten Bagikan 136 Ton Beras Pada Masyarakat
- Peduli Awak Media, Polda Banten Bagikan Daging Hewan Qur'ban
- Banten Regional Police Vaccinated 500 Students of State Senior High School 3 of Serang City
- Kapolda Banten Tinjau Kegiatan Program Vaksinasi Massal untuk Pelajar di SMA Negeri 3 Kota Serang
- Polda Banten Gelar Ngaji Bareng dan Doa Bersama Ulama Umaro Agar Pandemi Berakhir
- Kapolda Banten Berikan Semangat Kepada Warga Yang Isoman
- Polda Banten Berhasil Tangkap Pelaku Penyebar Ujaran Kebencian di Medsos
- Polda Banten Salurkan Ribuan Paket Sembako Untuk Warga Terdampak PPKM