Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Jakarta. Extortion cases experienced by container truck drivers in Tanjung Priok harbour were discovered after President Jokowi listened to the drivers' complaints. The complaint then delivered to the Chief of National Police, Police General Lisyto Sigit Prabowo, for further follow-ups.
The Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police arrest 50 extorters. This phenomenon made the Chief of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police, Police Inspector General Fadil Imran, furious and instructed his officers to punish the perpetrators.
"Chief of Regional Police said to all Chief of Departmental Police that no single rupiah should be out of drivers' pockets to these extorters", Chief of PR and Press Division of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police said.
Chief of PR and Press Division of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police affirmed that Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police would arrest all extorters and asked the public to report extortions in action if any.
"We will chase and take firm actions towards these perpetrators. This matter has to be emphasised. Therefore, our team is still on the move in investigating everything to discover another modus operandi", he said.
Previously, Indonesian President Joko Widodo reported an extortion case to the Chief of National Police. On the same day, police arrested 49 extorters in several locations in Tanjung Priok harbour. Those arrested are harbour employees such as security officers and crane operators in container depot and Jakarta International Container Terminal (JICT) and thugs that often harassed drivers on the roads leading to the harbour.
The next day, police arrested one extortion coordinator in JICT. They all subjected to Article 368 of the Indonesian Criminal Code with a threat of a 9-year maximum jail sentence.
- Bengkulu Regional Police Successfully foiled the smuggling of 4,335 Seeds
- Jambi Regional Police Executes the Destruction of 196 Assembled Firearms
- Riau Islands Regional Police Arrested Rapid Test Letter Forger in Batam
- Polisi Bersama Pemerintah Gorontalo Musnahkan 4.341 Liter Miras Jenis Cap Tikus Ilegal
- Polri Telusuri Infomasi Dugaan KTP Dijual di Medsos
- West Nusa Tenggara Regional Police Secures 455 Perpetrators for 13 Days of Enhanced Routine Activities
- Successfully Revealing the Murderers of Journalist, Chairperson of Pewarta Appreciates North Sumatera Regional Police Performance
- Successfully Revealing the Journalist Murderer, Chairperson of Warkop Forkom Appreciates North Sumatera Police's Performance
- Chief of North Sumatera Regional Police Appreciated Labuhan Resort Batu Police's Performance in Revealing Narcotics and Money Laundering Cases
- Riau Regional Police Uncovers Drugs Transaction Using Drive-Thru Modus