NTT - The Commander of the Indonesian Military (TNI), Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto and The Chief of INP, Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, visited the flash floods locations and landslides in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
Together with the group, the two of them visited Amakaka Village, located approximately 10 kilometres (Km) below the foot of Ile Lewotolok Mountain. They saw firsthand the condition of people's houses which were destroyed by natural disasters.
The Head of INP's Public Relations Division, Inspector General Argo Yuwono, revealed that TNI-INP is still focused on carrying out evacuating victims and distributing some assistance badly needed by the community.
"Today, six bodies were found. TNI-INP personnel, together with other agencies, are still evacuating and looking for victims, "said Argo, who participated in the working visit, Thursday (8/4/2021).
Argo revealed that the Bhayangkara Corps had sent 9.5 tons of social assistance (bansos) to NTT. The cartons' contents include:
• Liquid bath soap.
• Floor cleaner.
• Hand sanitiser.
• Hand washing soap.
• Baby milk and UHT.
• Several medicines needed.
Besides, INP also provides essential commodities, starting with seven tons of rice, mineral water, sleeping mats, blankets, towels, sarongs and other necessary food. "In addition to the evacuation process, we also distribute aid to ease the freedom of the community," said Argo.
Based on Wednesday night (7/4) data, the total casualties of natural disasters in NTT in several affected districts and cities totalled 138 people. Details of the victims who died, namely East Flores Regency 67 people, Lembata 32, Alor 25, Kupang 5, Malacca 4, Sabu 2, Ngada 1, Ende 1 and Kupang City 1.
While the missing victims, the total from the report of the coordination meeting amounted to 61 people. The details are as follows: Lembata 35, Alor 20 and East Flores 6. Meanwhile, material losses in the housing sector totalled 1,114 units, with more than 688 units being severely damaged, 272 moderately damaged and 154 minor damage.
- Kapolri Bersama Menteri Pertanian Bahas Swasembada Beras Hingga Pendistribusian Pupuk Subsidi
- Hundred days of services as Chief of Indonesian National Police: Special concern for the Papua Region in the Field of Security and Order
- 100 Hari Kerja Kapolri : Wujud Nyata Perhatian Khusus Kapolri untuk Wilayah Papua dalam Bidang Keamanan dan Ketertiban
- Pakar Hukum Tata Negara UGM Apresiasi Gebrakan Kapolri di Bidang Lalu Lintas
- Chief of Indonesian National Police (Kapolri) Urges Public to Avoid Silaturahmi in Agglomeration Regions
- Chief of Indonesian National Police: Insulation Policy Decreases Eid Homecoming Vehicle Flow up to 70 per cent
- Chief of Indonesian National Police: Small-scaled Enforcement of Restrictions of Community Activities (PPKM Mikro) will be
- Kapolri Minta Warga Hindari Silaturahmi di Wilayah Aglomerasi
- Kapolri : Kebijakan Penyekatan Menurunkan Arus Mudik Lebaran Sampai Dengan 70 Persen
- Kapolri : PPKM Mikro di Jakarta Diperketat Saat Arus Balik Mudik