Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Jakarta. The Directorate of Cyber Crime (Dittipidsiber) of the Criminal Investigation Agency of the Indonesian National Police has succeeded in discovering online sexual crimes against children with the modus operandi of using the intermediary of "free fire" online war games.
Head of Sub-Directorate I of the Directorate of Cyber Crime Investigation of the National Police-Criminal Investigation Agency, Pol. Grand Commissioner Hutagaol explained that 11 minors were victims of "online" sexual crimes with the suspect's initials S, a 21-year-old male.
Suspect S committed child sexual crimes by using one of the "free fire online games", where the target is underage girls," said Hutagaol at the National Police-Criminal Investigation Unit, South Jakarta, Tuesday (11/30/21).
The disclosure began with a letter from the Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) numbered 851/5/KPAI/VIII/2021, dated August 23, 2021, regarding complaints of harmful content.
The victim's parents reported pornographic content on their child's cellphone and immoral conversations via "Whatsapp" instant messages by suspect S, the victim's "online" game partner.
Then the report was followed up by Indonesian Child Protection Commission by making a report to the Criminal Investigation Police on September 22, 2021.
Directorate of Cyber Crime Investigation of National Police's Criminal Investigation Agency searched until it was discovered that S's whereabouts were in East Kalimantan.
So the modus operandi is, the suspect plays a game together and promises to give the victim a 'diamond', said Head of Sub-Directorate V Directorate of Cyber Crime Investigation of the National Police's Criminal Investigation Department.
Diamonds are a premium medium of exchange that optimises the appearance and performance of "online free fire" game players, which can be used to buy characters, strengthen weapons, and get exclusive items.
Suspect S will promise to give 500-600 diamonds, where the price of one diamond is purchased using pulses worth IDR 100 thousand.
Head of Sub-directorate I Directorate of Cyber Crime Investigation of National Police's Criminal Investigation Agency, Pol. Grand Commissioner Hutagaol said the victim was attracted by suspect S's persuasion and then exchanged his WhatsApp number.
Then the suspect sent the pornographic video to the victim and asked the victim to send the pornographic photos and videos, said the Intermediate Officer of the Directorate of Cyber Crime Investigation of National Police's Criminal Investigation Agency.
For his actions, the suspect was charged with multi-layered articles, namely, Article 82 in conjunction with Article 76 E of Law No. 17 of 2016 concerning Child Protection into law with the threat of a minimum sentence of 5 years and a maximum of 15 years, a fine of IDR 5 billion.
Then, Article 29, in conjunction with Article 4 paragraph (1); and Article 37 of Law Number 44 of 2008 concerning Pornography, with a maximum sentence of 12 years or a fine of IDR 250 million at most IDR 6 billion. As well as Article 45 paragraph (1) 3o Article 27 paragraph (1) of Law Number 9 of 2016 concerning Electronic Information and Transactions (ITE), with a maximum penalty of 1 year and or a maximum fine of IDR 1 billion.
- Counterterrorism Special Detachment 88 Successfully Arrested Nine Terrorist Suspects in North Sumatra
- Indonesian National Police-Criminal Investigation Agency Investigate Alleged Hacking of National Disaster Management Agency YouTube Account
- POLICEWOMAN'S FROM CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AGENCY OF NATIONAL POLICE RECEIVES INTERNATIONAL AWARD FROM THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN POLICE (IAWP)
- Head of Criminal Investigation Agency Affirms National Police's Commitment in Escorting the Bank Indonesia Liquidity Assistance Task Force
- Since the 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic, the Police Have Successfully Handled 131 Cases of Social Assistance Misappropriation
- Sejak 2020 Pandemi Covid-19, Polri Telah Berhasil Tangani 131 Kasus Penyelewengan Bansos
- Bareskrim Polri Akan Tindak Tegas Penyebar Informasi Palsu Terkait Covid-19
- Kabareskrim Polri: Tindak Tegas Penyebar Hoax Penghambat Penanganan Covid-19
- Polri Musnahkan Barang Bukti Sabu Hasil Pengungkapan Jaringan Timur Tengah dan Malaysia Seberat 3,6 Ton
- Kabareskrim Polri Usulkan Ubah Aturan HET Obat Tanpa Ganti Kemasan