Tribratanews.polri.go.id – Yogyakarta. Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation Division of Yogyakarta Regional Police (DIY) arrested nine suspects for burglary of credit card data to buy digital cryptocurrency. They claim to be customer service (CS) credit card issuers to trick victims.
From this case, officers arrested nine suspects of theft of credit card data, namely a husband and wife with the initials AP and MA as the brains of the perpetrators of the crime. Then BD, IR, AS, IW, SW, YN and WV.
"The modus operandi is claiming to be the CS credit card issuer and offering promos to guide victims to activate credit cards online so that the perpetrators get the credit card data," said the Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation Division the Yogyakarta Regional Police, Pol. Grand Commissioner Attendant Roberto Gomgom Manorang Pasaribu, during the release of the case at his office, Sleman, DIY, Wednesday (11/10/2021).
After getting credit card data from the victim, the perpetrators then spend crypto digital currency. Then returned in the form of rupiah.
"From this transaction, the victim became suspicious because he got a credit card bill. Even though the victim has never felt like doing the transaction," said the Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation at Yogyakarta Regional Police, Pol. Grand Commissioner Attendant Roberto Gomgom Manorang Pasaribu.
From the proceeds of the crime, the perpetrators used it for personal needs in the form of cars and cash.
"There is a Pajero car and IDR 295 million in cash," he added.
Now evidence of cars, cash along with 15 units of mobile phones, 13 units of landline telephones and financial records have been confiscated by officers to be used as evidence.
"As a result of the actions of the suspects, we imposed Article 378 and/or Article 30 paragraph 1, Article 32 paragraph 1, or Article 35 of Law No. 19 of 2016 concerning ITE and Article 3 of the Law on Money Laundering, the threat of punishment for all of them is above five years," he concluded.
- Polda DIY Harapkan Vaksinasi Covid-19 untuk Anak Rampung Akhir Januari 2022
- Polda DIY Berhasil Amankan Lima Tersangka Terkait Kasus Narkoba
- Polri Imbau DPO Teroris MIT Poso Menyerahkan Diri
- Wakapolda DIY Pastikan Tidak Keluarkan Izin Keramaian di Tahun Baru
- Wakapolda DIY Imbau Masyarakat untuk Tak Percaya Berita Hoaks
- During the last two months, the Yogyakarta Regional Police Successfully Revealed 28 Drug Abuse Cases and Secured 35 People.
- Polda DIY Ringkus Sindikat Pencurian Data Kartu Kredit
- Selama Dua Bulan Terakhir Polda DIY Berhasil Ungkap 28 Kasus Penyalahgunaan Narkoba dan Amankan 35 Orang
- The Nanas Bagong Innovation of Police Chief Brigadier Tri Asih Helps the Welfare of Four Hamlets in the Southern of Jogja
- Nanas Bagong Inovasi Bripka Tri Asih Bantu Kesejahteraan 4 Dusun Di Selatan Jogja