Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Central Sulawesi. The National Police has been entrusted by the Board of Directors of the International Association of Women Police (IAWP) to host the 2020 IAWP Conference. In this activity, the Central Sulawesi Regional Police presented four female policewomen at the 2020 IAWP conference in Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara, explained the Head of Sub-Division of Public Relations Central Sulawesi Police, Police Commissioner Sugeng Lestaru, through a release received by the media crew, Palu.
The four female policewomen have the rank of Field officer, two First Officer and one non-commissioned Officer led by Pol. Grand Commissioner Agustin S. Tampi, who is also Regional Police's Deputy Chief of Traffic Corps at Central Sulawesi, currently they are at the location of the event and are ready to take part in a series of IAWP 2020 conference activities, said the Head of Sub-Division of PR Division's Public Information Bureau of the Central Sulawesi Regional Police.
After the decision was made in 2019 in Quito, Ecuador, this moment is an honour for Indonesia because it is considered the first host country in Asia since the founding of this association in 1915. However, this Conference initially planned to be held in Yogyakarta in September 2020, has been postponed to 6th to sixth due to the pandemic. November 11, 2021 in Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
The selection of Labuan Bajo as the conference venue to support the 10 New Bali program in which Labuan Bajo is the Labuan Bajo super-priority tourist destination (DPSP). The 58th International Association of Women Police will be officially opened by the National Police Chief, Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, on Monday, November 7, 2021. At the same time reviewing mass vaccination activities in the city of West Manggarai together with the National Armed Forces Commander.
The Conference is considered an IAWP conference with the first hybrid concept in IAWP history so that participants can attend via online and offline platforms. As a tradition of the IAWP Conference, there are several programs during the Conference that participants can attend, which are currently adapted to the event venue in Labuan Bajo as follows: 1. Parade of Nations Main City of Labuan Bajo street on November 6, 2021,
2. Opening ceremony at Meruorah hotel Ballroom
3. Heritage and Annual Award Recognition 2020/2021,
4. Closing Ceremony/ Gala Dinner at Ayana Hotel, and
5. Komodo National Park Tours to Pink Beach, Padar Island and Komodo Island.
Furthermore, the most important program of this Conference is the Training Sessions where there are six keynotes including the Minister of Home Affairs, Under-Secretary-General for Peace Operations and 4 of them are inspiring female leaders from the homeland such as the Minister of Finance, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Wamenparekraf, and Deputy Chief of Police of Central Kalimantan. In addition, 65 speakers will share their expertise, knowledge, experience and best practices to improve and enlighten.
The theme raised in this year's IAWP conference is "Women at the centre stage of policing", with 5 (five) sub-themes including Women, Peace and Security :
women and leadership
Police Women and Their Challenges
The Role of Women in Policing
Science, Technology and Policing
Current Issues on Transnational Crimes This Conference was attended by 691 offline and online participants from 38 countries such as Asia, Australia, Europe, America, Africa and the Middle East, as well as eight international organizations such as INTERPOL, ASEANAPOL, GCCPOL, UNODC, ICRC, UN Women, UNDPO and JCLEC, with details of 245 participants participating offline and 446 participants participating online.
In addition, the Indonesian participants consisted of representatives from each Polda and Unit at Headquarters. These representatives also come from various levels of rank and field of work. They are expected to be future leaders and lead this organization with sufficient knowledge, experience and expertise and have a more comprehensive network with other law enforcement officers worldwide.
- Central Sulawesi Regional Police Holds Press Conference on Disclosure of 29 Kg of Methamphetamine
- Wakapolda Sulteng Tinjau Pelaksanaan Vaksinadi di Kabupaten Sigi
- Percepat Capaian Vaksinasi Covid-19, Kapolda Sulteng Perintahkan Seluruh Kapolres Tidak Libur
- Kabid Humas Polda Sulteng Pantau Percepatan Vaksinasi di Kabupaten Morut
- Hadapi Sisa DPO Teroris Poso, Kapolda Sulteng: Satgas Madago Raya Kedepankan Tindakan Soft Approach
- Polda Sulteng Dan Jajaran Hari Ini Memulai Operasi Zebra Tinombala 2021
- Kapolda Sulteng Tinjau Langsung Pelaksanaan Vaksinasi di Ponpes Al-Munshuroh Poso
- Polda Sulteng Utus 4 Duta Polwan Dalam Konferensi International Association of Women Police 2020
- Kejar Kelompok MIT Poso, TNI-Polri Kerahkan 1.376 Personelnya
- TNI-Polri Terjunkan 2 Personel Srikandi Dalam Satgas Madago Raya