Tribanews.polri.go.id - Medan. The North Sumatra Regional Police finally uncovered a case of illegal online loans (pinjol). Officers detained two suspects with ARAS (21) and YS (26) on Jalan Ongah Rait, Environment II, Tanjungbalai District, Tanjungbalai City.
Head of North Sumatra Regional Police's Public Relation, Pol. Grand Commissioner Hadi Wahyudi said those police officers were arrested after committing a criminal act of fraud with an online loan mode.
Police Grand Commissioner Hadi Wahyudi explained that the two suspects started by sending money loans via WhatsApp and SMS to find victims. After the victim was found, continued Hadi, the two of them then presented several procedures, one of which was to pay an administration fee of IDR 500,000.
A loan of money lured the victim. Nevertheless, the loan can be disbursed if the victim pays the administration fee in advance. After being paid, the suspect disappeared, said Hadi in a press conference at the North Sumatra Police Headquarters, Saturday (11/06/21).
Meanwhile, the North Sumatra Regional Police's Directorate of Criminal investigation, Pol. Grand Commissioner John Charles Nababan said that the two were arrested on October 20, 2021.
Police Grand Commissioner John Charles Nababan said that until now, his party has been pursuing two other suspects.
"We have pocketed the identities of 2 other suspects, with the initials JF and Miss X. Both have also been included in the wanted list or DPO," explained the North Sumatra Regional Police's Directorate of Criminal Investigation Agency.
From the hands of the two suspects, police officers managed to confiscate evidence of 2 units of mobile phones, 1 unit of computer and laptop, savings book and cash amounting to IDR 47 million.
For their actions, the two suspects were charged with Article 28 paragraph 1 in conjunction with Article 45A paragraph 1 of Law Number 19 of 2016 concerning Amendments to Law Number 11 of 2008 concerning Information and Electronic Transactions (ITE).
With the threat of six years in prison and a fine of 1 billion rupiahs.
- Bintara Noken Hadir di Sumut, Kapolda : dekati Masyarakat dan Harus merasakan manfaat kehadiranmu
- Keberhasilan Capaian Vaksinasi 70 Persen, Kapolda Sumut : Semua Karena Kita Bekerja Sama
- Kapolda Sumut Tinjau Pelaksanaan Vaksinasi Merdeka Anak di Kabupaten Asahan
- Kapolda Sumut Tinjau Vaksinasi di Kabupaten Asahan
- Kapolda Apresiasi Jajarannya Jaga Situasi Kamtibmas Kondusif di Sumut
- Kapolda dan Pangdam Tinjau Vaksinasi Anak di Kab.Batu Bara
- Kapolda Sumut Tinjau Pelaksanaan Vaksin Merdeka Anak Usia 6-11 Tahun di Serdang Bedagai
- Kapolda Sumut Sebut Malam Tahun Baru 2022 Berjalan Kondusif
- Di Penghujung Tahun 2021, Kapolda Sumut Pimpin Release Akhir Tahun 2021 di Mapolda
- Kapolda Sumut Pastikan Perayaan Malam Natal Kondusif dan Patuhi Prokes