Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Pontianak. The West Kalimantan Regional Police managed to apprehend as many as 62 illegal gold miners (PETI) suspects from controlling illicit mining activities at 11 Departemental Police from October 07 to October 20, 2021.
"The 62 suspects who were arrested consisted of 42 cases spread across 11 Departemental Police. The results of operations to control PETI for 14 days from October 7 to 20," explained the Head of Public Relations Division of the West Kalimantan Regional Police, Police Grand Commissioner Donny Charles Go, in Pontianak, Friday (05/11/21).
The Head of Public Relations Division of the West Kalimantan Regional Police explained that as many as 42 cases, the highest was revealed by the ranks of the Ketapang Departemental Police as many as 10 cases with 18 suspects. Then followed by the Sintang Departemental Police in five cases with nine suspects, the Sanggau Departemental Police in five cases with five suspects.
"Then the Landak Departemental Police have four cases with five suspects, then the Directorate of Special Crimes Investigation of West Kalimantan Regional Police, Sanggau Departemental Police, Sekadau three cases each. Then the Singkawang and Melawi Departemental Police have two cases each, and the Sambas Departemental Police have one case,” said the West Kalimantan Regional Police Intermediate Officer.
Police Grand Commissioner Donny Charles Go added, from the examination results, it was known that 52 suspects who were currently detained were known to be native to the people in West Kalimantan Province, and the remaining ten people from outside the West Kalimantan province.
The evidence that was confiscated. These include one excavator (heavy equipment) with 38 dompeng machines, dozens of other machines and hundreds of trays used for PETI activities.
"As for the obstacles in the field, namely the location of the PETI which is far and difficult to reach, but it does not stop us in bringing order," explained the Graduated from the Indonesian Armed Forces Academy in 1997.
The former Deputy Director of the Directorate of Water and Air Police of West Kalimantan Regional Police added activities in the Sanggau Regency area carried out in the water or the Kapuas River. So it is very damaging to the watershed.
The basis for taking action against illegal mining activities is Law No. 11 of 2020 concerning Job Creation. Regarding Amendments to Law Number 03 of 2020 concerning Amendments to Law Number 04 of 2009 concerning Mineral and Coal Mining.
- Kunker ke Bengkayang, Kapolda Kalbar Minta Kapolres Kejar Target Vaksinasi
- Wakapolda Kalbar Pimpin Apel Kesiapan Pengamanan Kunjungan Presiden RI di Kabupaten Sintang
- Chief of West Kalimantan Regional Police Gave Aids to People Affected by Flood in Sintang Regency
- Polda Kalbar Berhasil Tangkap 62 Tersangka Penambang Emas Ilegal
- Wakil Wali Kota Pontianak Pastikan Kesiapsiagaan Satgas dan Peralatan Antisipasi Bencana
- Polda Kalbar Ungkap Pinjaman Online Ilegal di Pontianak
- Polda Kalbar Amankan Satu Pelaku Perdagangan Orang
- Improving Community Services, West Kalimantan Regional Police Chief Review Kubu Raya Police Development
- Polda Kalbar Gelar Operasi Patuh Kapuas 2021
- 22 Orang Jadi Tersangka Perusak Tempat Ibadah Ahmadiyah Sintang