Tribratanews.polri.go.id – Banda Aceh. The Aceh Regional Police will investigate the people's actions who went on a rampage and damaged the Covid-19 vaccination booth facilities at the Ujong Insect Fish Landing Base (PPI), Susoh District, Southwest Aceh.
Head of Public Relations of the Aceh Regional Police, Pol. Grand Commissioner Winardy said that there were elements of violence and destruction at the scene.
“We will continue to investigate. The damage is quite severe. Where one store post, nine vials of vaccine, 33 vials of Sinovac vaccine, medical devices in the form of masks, hand sanitisers, blood pressure devices, syringes and medicines are damaged and cannot be used anymore,” said the Head of Public Relations of the Aceh Regional Police, in his statement, Tuesday (09/28/21).
In addition, one medical expert (vaccinator) also suffered a bruise on the back of his right calf due to being hit by a plastic chair.
The Head of Public Relations of the Aceh Regional Police suspected that the incident was due to a lack of education about the importance of vaccination, which was one of the factors that triggered the rejection of vaccination and the destruction of outlets by fish traders and residents at Infection Prevention and Control at Ujung Serrangga.
From the information obtained by his side, the fish traders, totalling about 300 people, were angry and did not want to participate in the vaccine activities held by the Susoh Police, Koramil/04 Susoh, Water and Air Police, and Sangkalan Health Center.
The reason is that the vaccination activity causes visitors at Infection Prevention and Control Ujung Serangga to be quiet and affects their income.
Regarding the rejection incident, the Aceh Regional Police, through the Southwest Aceh Resort Police, will take persuasive and educational steps about the importance of good vaccination for the community at the Infection Prevention and Control.
Therefore, the Head of Public Relations of the Aceh Regional Police asked the Regional Leadership Coordination Forum of Southwest Aceh, assisted by the local leader, to continue providing education regarding the importance of vaccination so that similar incidents do not happen again.
- Aceh Regional Police Deployed 2,000 Personnel in Securing GAM Anniversary
- Polda Aceh Kembali Mengungkap Peredaran 133 Kg Narkoba Internasional
- Coordination to Create Security, Aceh Regional Police Chief Coordinates with Wali Nanggroe Discusses GAM's anniversary
- Polda Aceh Kerahkan 2000 Personil dalam Pengamanan Milad GAM
- Aceh Regional Police to Invite Press to Create Conducive Situations by Producing More Positive News about Aceh
- Polda Aceh Perketat Pengamanan Jelang Milad GAM 4 Desember
- Polda Aceh Gelar Vaksinasi Massal, Sebanyak 27.250 Orang Ikut Serta
- Kapolda Aceh Hadiri Vaksinasi Massal di Mesjid Jamik Al Itihadiyah Seulimeum
- Police Detain 5 Suspects in Alleged Corruption Cases of Paving Roads in Simeulue
- Polda Aceh Tetapkan Lima Tersangka Terkait Korupsi Proyek Jalan di Simeulue