Tribratanews.polri.go.id – Bandung. Sub-Directorate I and Sub-Directorate V of the West Java Regional Police's Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation revealed two cases of abuse of authority to buy and sell illegal Covid-19 vaccine certificates. Four suspects were arrested, among them a former volunteer who had access to the certificate-making system.
The suspect is known to have the initials JR. Then three people carry out similar practices, namely IF and his colleagues MY and HH.
The disclosure of the case led by the Head of Sub-Directorate I of the West Java Regional Police's Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation, Pol. Grand Commissioner Andri Agustiano, started from information on social media. JR offers a vaccine certificate without injection at a price in the range of IDR 200,000. The conditions that are completed by the buyer are enough to send an ID card along with Citizenship Card.
The suspect (JR) is a former vaccination volunteer. He made this vaccination letter by accessing the Primary care website, said Head of Public Relations of the West Java Regional Police, Pol. Grand Commissioner Erdi A. Chaniago, at the West Java Regional Police Headquarter.
The results of the search at the suspect's house, the evidence that was successfully confiscated was in the form of 9 fake vaccine letters sent to customers.
He was charged with Article 62 paragraph 1 in conjunction with Article 9 paragraph 1 letter c UURI Number 8 of 1999 concerning Consumer Protection, Article 115 in conjunction with Article 65 paragraph 2 of UURI Number 7 of 2014 concerning Trade, Article 48 paragraph 1 in conjunction with Article 32 paragraph 1 and/or Article 51 paragraph 1 in conjunction with Article 36 UURI Number 11 of 2008 concerning Information and Electronic Transactions.
"The suspect is threatened with a minimum of 4 years in prison and a maximum of 12 years in prison. In addition, he can be charged with multiple articles for abuse of authority by using access as a volunteer," said Head of PR.
As a result of the development of this case, the Directorate of Special Criminal Investigation managed to arrest other suspects, namely IF and his colleagues, MY and HH. This group is known to have sent fake vaccine certificates to several regions in Indonesia, such as Papua and Manado with prices in the range of IDR 300 thousands.
Directorate of the West Java Regional Police's Special Criminal Investigation, Pol. Grand Commissioner Arif Rahman, said IF is a volunteer who has access to the care.bpjs-kesehatan.go.id page to make certificates for residents who have received the Covid-19 vaccine. Two of his colleagues are tasked with finding consumers and sending vaccine certificates.
As a result of the provisional information, the three suspects have made and sent 26 fake vaccine certificates. "So this is taking advantage of existing access, not hacking data (hacking). We have proposed to the Ministry of Health to be able to review this, whether it can be canceled (the certificate). Buyers will also be investigated again," he explained.
Meanwhile, IF, MY, and HH are suspected of Article 46 in conjunction with Article 30 paragraph 1 and Article 51 in conjunction with Article 35 Indonesian Law Number 19 of 2016 concerning Amendments to Indonesia Law Number 11 of 2008 concerning ITE and Article 55 paragraph 1 of the 56 Criminal Code with threats confinement over 12 years.
- Assisting the Government in Accelerating National Vaccination, Alumni of 1999 Indonesian Military Academy Holds Mass Vaccination and Social Services in Cirebon
- West Java Regional Police Arrest Controlling Leader of 23 Illegal Online Loan Applications
- Polda Jabar Tangkap Pimpinan Pengendali 23 Aplikasi Pinjaman Online Ilegal
- Polres Bogor Ungkap 7 Penyalahgunaan Kasus Narkoba Senilai Milyaran Rupiah, 9 Pelaku Ditangkap
- Sat Narkoba Polres Tasikmalaya Berhasil Ungkap Ladang Ganja di Lokasi Kebun Cabai
- Polda Jabar Tetapkan Enam Tersangka Baru Terkait Kasus Pinjaman Online Ilegal
- The Form of Indonesian National Police Care, West Java Regional Police Distributes Basic Food Packages to Communities Affected by Micro Restriction (PPKM)
- Wujud Kepedulian Polri, Polda Jabar Salurkan Paket Sembako kepada Masyarakat yang Terkena Dampak PPKM
- Polda Jabar Imbau Masyarakat Terapkan Protokol Kesehatan di Lingkungan Pariwisata
- Polri Amankan 279 Kilogram Ganja Asal Sumatera Dikendalikan Napi Lapas di Bogor