Tribratanews.polri.go.id – Ternate. North Maluku Regional Police successfully thwarted an effort to Cap Tikus illegal liquor delivery from Manado to Ternate using the Manado-Ternate passenger ship.
The Director of the Samapta Unit of North Maluku Regional Police said that the liquor was stored in the KM Permata Obi ship when docking at the Ahmad Yani Harbour of Ternate on Monday (30/8/21). To deceive the officers, the liquors are stored in sacks and boxes.
"We seized the evidence of 45 sacks containing 58 (liquor) bottles each, 24 boxes containing 24 bottles in each box, a large plastic bag containing 72 bottles, and another 44 sacks containing 46 bottles. In total is 2,494 bottles, and we have another 24 mineral water boxes containing 576 bottles", he said on Tuesday (31/8/21).
The Director of the Samapta Unit of North Maluku Regional Police stated that the liquor bottles are varied from 600 ml to 1 litre.
"Therefore, I advise the ship's skipper, crew, and the owner to check the goods entering the boat and not to let these illicit goods pass through because it has significant effects. On the other side, there should be a business chain here. Our findings indicate supplier and buyers, and this illicit good sells great in North Maluku, despite the regional regulation", he said.
North Maluku Regional Police would enforce the law in accordance with the local and criminal law regulations.
"We could banish liquor or use it for medical reasons. If it could be utilised for health and provide guarantees for many people, it depends on the policies and findings. It does not have to be drunk", he concluded.
- Polda Maluku Siap Amankan Gelaran Tour de Mollucas 2021
- Kapolda Maluku Evaluasi PPKM Bersama Mabes Polri
- Polda Maluku Gelar Ops Patuh di Jalan Pattimura dan Ahmad Yani Ambon
- Polda Maluku Gelar Pelatihan Teknisi Hardware dan Software
- Polda Maluku Memanfaatkan Operasi Patuh untuk Gencarkan Vaksinasi
- Dewan Ketahanan Nasional Sambangi Polda Maluku
- The North Maluku Regional Police's 2021 Kieraha Obedience Operation Officially Begins
- Polda Maluku Akan Gelar Operasi Patuh Siwalima 2021
- HUT Ke 446, Pemkot Ambon dan Polda Maluku Teken Kerjasama
- Maluku Regional Police Holds Mobile Vaccination Activities in Kayu Tiga