Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Jakarta. Greater Jakarta Metro. Regional Police has initiated an merdeka vaccination program for Jakarta residents starting August 1. About 3 million residents in Jakarta are targeted to get the COVID-19 vaccine from the program.
"Merdeka vaccination, we are targeting 3 million 60 thousand people to be vaccinated. That is the remainder of the total 9 million Jakarta residents, almost 10 million who will be vaccinated," said the Greater Jakarta Metro. Regional Police Chief, Pol. Inspector General Fadil Imran at the Greater Jakarta Metro. Regional Police Precision Field, Jakarta, Friday (07/30/2021).
The merdeka vaccination program will start from August 1 to August 17. The program was created to commemorate the independence of the Republic of Indonesia.
The Regional Police Chief hopes that through merdeka vaccination, the target of communal immunity or herd immunity in Jakarta can be achieved. For this reason, the merdeka vaccination will be placed in Neighbourhoods whose residents still have difficulty getting access to the COVID-19 vaccine.
For residents who want to be vaccinated, they just have to go to the Neighbourhoods movement. Fadil hopes that merdeka vaccination can remove obstacles for people who have not yet received the vaccine.
"There are 900 outlets located at the Neighbourhoods post. People just open the door, they come out, they can get vaccinated immediately. There is no barrier to entry. Because the distance is close and the people there are involved, not a single community is missed," said the Regional Police Chief.
In the implementation of this merdeka vaccination program, Greater Jakarta Metro. Regional Police cooperates with a number of agencies ranging from volunteer health workers, hospitals, transportation applications, to students.
The Regional Police Chief said that this cross-sector collaboration synergy signifies the same community spirit to be able to eliminate the Corona virus pandemic in Jakarta.
"From Jakarta, we can prove that all movements from all walks of life are moving. I think we can do anything. The strength of togetherness is the foundation of mutual cooperation, the pillar of harmony is the strength of our Indonesian nation," said the Regional Police Chief.
Furthermore, the Regional Police Chief said that the merdeka vaccination program would be carried out to completion. Officers will vaccinate the public up to the second dose stage.
"We will also carry out a second dose of vaccination on August 28 to September 13. So we want to complete the merdeka vaccination movement, we will also carry out a second dose," concluded the Regional Police Chief.
- Hari Pertama Operasi Patuh Jaya, Polda Metro Temukan 2.560 Pelanggar Lalu Lintas
- Polda Metro Jaya Tetapkan 3 Tersangka Kebakaran Lapas Kelas 1 Tangerang
- Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police Names 3 Suspects of Tangerang Class 1 Prison Fire
- Starting today, Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police Holds Operation Patuh Jaya 2021
- Kapolda Metro Jaya Perintahkan Operasi Patuh Tindak Knalpot Bising
- Police Confiscate 5,052 Ecstasy Pills Hidden in Dog Food Cans.
- Jelang HUT Lalu Lintas Bhayangkara ke-66, Polda Metro Jaya Bagikan Ribuan Sembako
- Mobile Driving license (SIM) Service Locations in Jakarta Today, Saturday 18 September 2021
- Polda Metro Jaya Berhasil Bongkar Jaringan Narkoba Home Industry di Jakarta dan Bandung
- Dirlantas Polda Metro Jaya : Ganjil Genap Tempat Wisata Hanya Diterapkan di 2 Lokasi