Tribratanews.polri.go.id- Bandung. West Java Regional Police succeeded in dismantling the practice of hoarding and selling COVID-19 drugs above the highest retail price (HET). Even the price disparity for drugs sold by perpetrators is many times higher than HET.
Five suspects were arrested by personnels of Sub-Directorate I of Industrial and Trade of Directorate of Special Crimes of West Java Regional Police under the leadership of Head of Sub-Directorate, Police Grand Commissioner Attendant Andry Agustiano. The five suspects are ESF, MH, IC, SM and NH.
They were arrested based on 5 different police reports (LP). The five arrests were made at different places and times.
"This case is crucial. Disclosure of the network of drug sellers sold above HET and of course without distribution permit," Director of Special Crimes Investigation, Police Grand Commissioner Arif Rahman said at West Java Regional Police Headquarter, Soekarno-Hatta Street, Bandung City, Wednesday (07/21/2021).
Covid-19 drugs that are stockpiled and resold are more expensive, including Avigan 200mg, Favikal 200mg to Oseltamivir 75mg. The types of drugs were confiscated by police with details of 104 Avigan tablets, 300 Favikal tablets, 7 boxes containing 70 Oseltamivir tablets, 1 Avigan box and 5 Avigan boxes.
"The selling price disparity is very high. For example, Avigan, usually IDR 2.6 million is sold up to IDR 10 million," Director of Special Crimes Investigation said at West Java Regional Police.
Director of Special Crimes Investigation at West Java Regional Police said the perpetrators carried out various modus operandi, ranging from using pharmacist background mode, fake prescriptions to online sales.
"So they stockpile and then resell it on HET. Then they use fake prescriptions. This is our correction, all pharmacies are asked to be more careful because they buy at suburban pharmacies," Director of Special Crimes Investigation said at West Java Regional Police said.
He also said this network is an inter-regional network. This is proven when drugs are purchased in Bandung then sold to Bogor.
"In general, they each stand alone, separated at some point," he said.
Based on their confession, they hoard and resell at high prices because of existing consition. They said, Arif took advantage of this spike in cases.
"Obviously this suspect takes advantage on the existing situation, that people would buy at any price. That made them interested," he said.
In this case, the five person were charged with Article 196, Article 197, Article 198 of Law Number 36 Year 2009 on Health and or Article 93 of Law Number 6 Year 2018 on Health Quarantine. Or Article 62 paragraph (1), Article 10 letter of Law Number 8 Year 1999 on consumer protection. The penalty is up to 10 years in prison.
- Polda Jawa Barat : Ganjil Genap Kendaraan Hingga PPKM Tingkat I
- West Java Regional Police Dismantle Syndicate of Counterfeiters for Covid-19 Vaccine Certificates, Suspect served as Ex-Vaccination Volunteers
- Exposing the Business of Illegal Former Covid Vaccination Volunteer, West Java Regional Police Search Tens of Forged Vaccination Certificate Buyers
- West Java Regional Police Mobile Brigade Unit Distributes Free Masks and Gives Health Protocol Appeal to Jangari Residents
- Bongkar Bisnis Eks Relawan Vaksinasi Covid Illegal, Polda Jabar Buru Puluhan Pembeli Sertifikat Vaksin Palsu
- Polda Jabar Bongkar Sindikat Pemalsu Sertifikat Vaksin Covid-19, Tersangka Eks Relawan Vaksinasi
- Sat Brimob Polda Jabar Bagikan Masker Gratis dan Beri Himbauan Prokes Kepada Warga Jangari
- West Papua Regional Police Succeeded in Arresting Wanted List in Maybrat Military District Post's Attack Case
- Kapolda Jabar Apresiasi Program Anugerah Desa Wisata Indonesia 2021
- West Java Regional Police Implements Integrated Odd-Even at Puncak Area