Tribratanews.polri.go.id - Jakarta. The Indonesian National Police invites religious leaders and community leaders to provide education related to health protocols. The action needs that public awareness will grow so that efforts to handle Covid-19 are more controlled.
The Head of the National Police Public Relations Division, Pol. Inspector General Argo Yuwono said this education was one of the Police's efforts to support the extension of the implementation of restrictions on Community Activities Restrictions (PPKM) until July 25, 2021.
"Police provides education through an invitation to communicate through local culture by prioritizing scholars, religious leaders, community leaders and others," explained Pol. Inspector General Argo Yuwono, Wednesday (07/21/21).
As is known, the Government imposed the Java-Bali emergency Community Activity Restrictions from 3-20 July 2021 due to the increase in positive cases of Covid-19 since the last month. The policy was again extended until July 25, 2021, to suppress the Covid-19 pandemic.
Public awareness to comply with health protocols and Community Activity Restrictions policies is still low. One of the reasons is the rise of false news related to COVID-19.
Fake news or narratives that counter Covid-19 complicate the handling of Covid-19, hampering various handling programs that have been running so far.
In support of the Java-Bali emergency Community Activity Restrictions policy for the period 3-20 July 2021, the National Police has held the Advanced Safe Operation Nusa II.
The operation, codenamed Aman Nusa, is a contingency operation related to handling disease outbreaks, valid from July 3 to August 2, 2021, at 34 regional police stations throughout Indonesia.
The forms of activities carried out include blocking areas, ports and airports, operating justice for violators of health protocols, monitoring the distribution and availability of supply of drugs and oxygen cylinders, including taking action against perpetrators of spreading false news.
Providing education through television media, with real activities in the field, through social media in various forms, such as testimonials, memes, tiktok and others, also through radio, newspapers, and repeated so that people understand, said the Head of the Public Relations Division of the Police.
Separately, the Head of the Public Information Bureau (Karopenmas) of the National Police Public Relations Division, Brigadier General Rusdi Hartono said the National Police supported the extension of the Community Activity Restrictions and were ready to secure and implement government policies.
"Regarding the circulation of hoaxes that disrupt the handling of the pandemic, the National Police through the Tipidsiber Directorate continues to carry out cyber patrols and activate virtual police in order to anticipate the circulation of fake news, especially on social media," said One Star General.
Head of Public Information Bureau, Police Public Relations Division, emphasized that the most important thing is that the public is wise in carrying out activities on social media.
"The most important thing is that people don't easily believe the news that is circulating, it is necessary to cross-check with competent parties," explained Brigadier General Rusdi Hartono.
- Bantu Pemerintah Dalam Percepatan Vaksinasi Nasional, Alumni Akabri 1999 Gelar Vaksinasi Massal dan Baksos di Cirebon
- Komnas HAM Apresiasi Keterbukaan Polri Tangani Kasus di Tanah Air
- 91 dari 371 Kasus Pinjol Ilegal Ditangani Polri Sudah Masuk Meja Hijau
- Polri Persilakan LBH Makassar Serahkan Bukti Baru Pemerkosaan Anak di Lutim
- Polri Gelar Acara Sosialisasi Perpol No 1 Tahun 2021, Tentang Pemolisian Masyarakat
- When the one-star general of the Indonesian National Police designs the Indonesian National Police's training personnel just like the US Special Troops.
- Menko Polhukam Apresiasi Kinerja dan Inovasi Polri dalam Setahun Terakhir
- Sharing the Meaning of the 76th Indonesian Independence, ICPW-National Police Synergy
- Nemangkawi Task Force Claimed to Conquer Papua's KKB Headquarter of Goliat Tabuni
- Polri Telah Vaksinasi Sebanyak 11.312.001 orang Guna Dukung Percepatan Program Vaksinasi Nasional