JAKARTA – Chief of Indonesia National Police, Police General Listyo Sigit Prabowo ensured the acceleration of social assistance (bansos) distribution during the Implementation of the Emergency PPKM (Community Activity Restrictions) had been carried out in all regions.
Sigit mentioned, since the Emergency PPKM was first implemented on July 3 to 19, 2021, at least Indonesia National Police has distributed 475,420 packages of nine-basic-needs and 2,471,217 Kilograms of rice have been distributed to the public, particularly for people who are most affected by Covid-19 pandemic.
"From period July 3 to 19, 2021, Indonesia National Police has distributed social assistance to communities affected by Covid-19 in 34 Regional Police areas. There are 475,420 packages of nine-basic-needs and 2,471,217 kg of rice," Sigit said in his written statement, Jakarta, Tuesday (07/20/21).
Then, throughout 2020, social assistance distributed by Indonesia National Police is 394,347 packages of nine-basic-nees, 30,000 tons of rice, 790,436 medical equipment/PPE, and established 13,119 public kitchens.
Meanwhile, as of July 2, 2021, social assistance provided by Indonesia National Police is 750,780 packages of nine-basic-needs, 3,753 tons of rice, 763,079 medical equipment/PPE, and the establishment of 143,467 public kitchens.
"We are accelerating the distribution of social assistance throughout Indonesia or 34 provinces. Both areas that implement Emergency PPKM or Micro PPKM," Sigit said.
According to Sigit, the Government through Indonesia National Armed Forces and Indonesia Nationnal Police has also provided Emergency PPKM social assistance by targeting people who really need it. In addition, national vaccination for Herd Immunity continues to be carried out.
Therefore, Sigit instructed all his staff from top to bottom level to continue accelerating the distribution of Emergency PPKM social assistance to community.
He also asked Indonesia National Armed Forces and Indonesia National Police ranks to map out the distribution of social assistance. Sigit hopes the social assistance could reach the people in need, that no obstacles in the delivery.
The former Head of Crimes Investigation Agency of Indonesia National Police also reminded the entire community to communicate and coordinate with community police officer and NCO Law Enforcemnt Officer when the social assistance runs out of stock. For this matter, Sigit advised community to remain calm.
"Community, please remain calm and not to worry. If the assistance provided runs out stockk, report it immediately. Later, Indonesia National Armed Forces and Indonesia National Police or Ministry of Social Affairs will provide more social assistance," Sigit said.
On the other hand, Sigit explained, implementation of health protocols is the key to suppressing the coronavirus growth rate in society. Thus, Sigit emphasized the importance of continuing to implement health protocols in daily life.
"Let’s maintain health for out family, ourselves and others," Sigit said.
In this case, Sigit also invites all elements of society to be actively involved in the national vaccination program and social assistance distribution.
"I invite all elements of society, from students, activists, Youth Social Organization (OKP), mass organizations, religious leaders, ulama, and community leaders to come together and support Indonesian people and achieve the targets of the Indonesian government," said Sigit.
Meanwhile, to ease community burden in the midst of this Emergency PPKM, Indonesia National Police also delivered Qurban animals throughout Indonesia, especially in community settlements that are most affected by Covid-19 pandemic.
"I hope everything we do on Eid al-Adha brings goodness to others. On this good occasion, I would like to wish you a happy Eid al-Adha with your family. Stay disciplined in carrying out health protocols. Apply 5M (wearing mask, physical distancing, washing hands, reducing mobility, avoiding crowds) and stay at home, so Covid-19 pandemic will end soon in Indonesia," Sigit concluded.
- The National Police Chief Instructs All Regional Police to Respond to People's Aspirations
- In Supporting Forest Fire Surveillance in Indonesia, Chief of Indonesian National Police Launches
- Guna Mendukung Pemantauan Karhutla di Wilayah Indonesia, Kapolri Launching Aplikasi ASAP Digital Nasional
- Kapolri Resmikan Gedung Baru Ponpes Assalam Sekaligus Tinjau Vaksinasi se-Jawa Barat
- Chief of Indonesian National Police Inaugurates New Building of Assalam Islamic Boarding School and Inspecting West Java Vaccination
- Innovation in the Middle of the Pandemic: Chief of Indonesian National Police, Commander of the Armed Forces, Head of National Disaster Management Authority, and East Java Regional Leaders Coordination Forum Launched Masker Car in Malang
- Reviewing Vaccination Simultaneously in East Java, Chief of Indonesian National Police: Appreciation and Thank You To All Those Who Have Worked Hard
- Chief of Indonesian National Police, Commander of Indonesian National Armed Forces and Head of National Board for Disaster Management (BNPB) Review Vaccinations in Malang
- Inovasi Ditengah Pandemi, Kapolri, Panglima TNI, Kepala BNPB Bersama Forkopimda Jatim Luncurkan Mobil Masker di Malang
- Tinjau Vaksiansi Serentak di Jatim, Kapolri : Apresiasi dan Terima Kasih Kepada Seluruh Pihak Yang Telah Bekerja Keras